Pre Op Info
WELCOME TO THE CENTURION DAY HOSPITAL
We will do our utmost to make your day hospital experience a positive one. We are here to assist you with your medical aid authorisation and we are here to answer all your questions. After reading the important information below, please go to online pre-admission and start with the easy admission process.
- The Centurion Day Hospital will send the day hospital account directly to the medical aid for payment. Payment of the account remains the responsibility of the medical aid main member. Please monitor the account with your medical aid to ensure that the account is paid.
- Valuables: Please leave any valuables at home, as the hospital cannot be held responsible for any loss.
- Coughs and Colds: Please inform the hospital immediately if either of these appear, the hospital will advise the patient/parents what to do.
- Private patients must pay their procedure upfront as per quotation, and the balance of the account before leaving the hospital should there be additional cost as a result of extended theatre time.
- Co-paymentsand deductibles is payable on admission.
- Anauthorisation number will be issued by your medical aid. The case managers at the Centurion Day Hospital will assist you to obtain the authorisation number. Without a valid authorisation you must pay the private hospital fee before the procedure. If not, the procedure can be postponed or rescheduled.
- 24 Hours prior to the procedure the on-line admissions form on the website must be completed by the patient or main member and sent to the hospital. If you prefer, print the admissions form, complete and send it by fax or email.Fax line 012 663 1006 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the day of admission bring the medical aid card as well as ID document of patient and main member.
- Minor patientsaged up to 12 years must be accompanied by one/both parents or a court appointed legal guardian. In case of guardian, legal documentation must be supplied. Informed consent must be signed by the parents or court appointed legal guardian.
- No eating or drinking 6 hours priorto procedure, not even a sip of water. Insure that small children are under watchful eye at all times.
- Children:Parents, you can assist greatly in making this a relatively pleasant experience for your child. Try and conceal your natural anxiety and prepare them by telling them why they are going to the hospital. With the child’s co-operation the induction of anaesthesia will be smooth and quite pleasant.
- ACCOUNT INFORMATION:It is very important that you need to understand that each provider is independent and there will be 3 different accounts for the procedure. One from the Centurion Day Hospital, one from the Anaesthetist and one from the Treating provider(the doctor that will perform the procedure)
- NOTICE IN REGARDS TO THE ANAESTHETIST: Because the Anaesthetist is an independent provider, it is important that the patient discuss the fee of the Anaesthetist with him/her, or their accounts department. The medical aids only cover the Anaesthetist fee at their rate. Please call the hospital to find out who the Anaesthetist will be.