Post Op Info
- Patients must arrange alternative means of transport after recovery, as no patient will be allowed to drive him/herself home after receiving general anaesthesia.
- Patients or the parent/guardian of a minor must sign a consent to discharge prior to leaving the ward area.
- It is the responsibility of the member/patient to ensure ownership of all personal belongings, x-rays, prescription, sick note, etc. upon discharge.
- Private patients will not be discharged before the hospital account is settled in full.
- You will receive post-operative instructions for your specific procedure supplied by your doctor.
- Strictly follow the post-operative instructions. Please call your doctor immediately should you experience any abnormal effects after your surgery.
THE CENTURION DAY HOSPITAL CHARGE MEDICAL AID RATES. ALL MEDICAL AID, AS WELL AS PRIVATE ACCOUNTS WILL REMAIN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MEMBER. THE MEMBER MUST ENSURE THAT THE ACCOUNT WAS RECEIVED BY THE MEDICAL AID WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER DISCHARGE DATE AND WILL REMAIN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MEMBER TO FOLLOW UP UNTIL SETTLED IN FULL BY MEDICAL AID. SHOULD THE MEDICAL AID FAIL TO PAY THE ACCOUNT IN FULL, THE MEMBER WILL BE LIABLE FOR THE BALANCE AND PAYMENT IN FULL TO THE HOSPITAL WITHIN 30 DAYS.