WELCOME TO THE CENTURION DAY HOSPITAL
We will do our utmost to make your day hospital experience a positive one. We are here to assist you with your medical aid authorisation and we are here to answer all your questions. After reading the important information below, please go to online pre-admission and start with the easy admission process.
- 24 Hours prior to the procedure the on-line admissions form on the website must be completed by the patient or main member and sent to the hospital. If you prefer, print the admissions form, complete and send it by fax or email. Fax line 012 663 1006 and email: email@example.com.
- On the day of admission bring the medical aid card as well as ID document of patient and main member.
- An authorisation number will be issued by your medical aid. The case managers at the Centurion Day Hospital will assist you to obtain the authorisation number. Without a valid authorisation you must pay the private hospital fee before the procedure. If not, the procedure can be postponed or rescheduled.
- Minor patients aged up to 12 years must be accompanied by one/both parents or a court appointed legal guardian. In case of guardian, legal documentation must be supplied. Informed consent must be signed by the parents or court appointed legal guardian.
- Co-payments and deductibles is payable on admission.
- Private patients must pay their procedure upfront as per quotation, and the balance of the account before leaving the hospital should there be additional cost as a result of extended theatre time.
- No eating or drinking 6 hours prior to procedure, not even a sip of water. Insure that small children are under watchful eye at all times.
- Coughs and Colds: Please inform the hospital immediately if either of these appear, the hospital will advise the patient/parents what to do.
- Children: Parents, you can assist greatly in making this a relatively pleasant experience for your child. Try and conceal your natural anxiety and prepare them by telling them why they are going to the hospital. With the child’s co-operation the induction of anaesthesia will be smooth and quite pleasant.
- Valuables: Please leave any valuables at home, as the hospital cannot be held responsible for any loss.
- ACCOUNT INFORMTION: It is very important that you need to understand that each provider is independent and there will be 3 different accounts for the procedure. One from the Centurion Day Hospital, one from the Anaesthetist and one from the Treating provider(the doctor that will perform the procedure)
- The Centurion Day Hospital will send the day hospital account directly to the medical aid for payment. Payment of the account remains the responsibility of the medical aid main member. Please monitor the account with your medical aid to ensure that the account is paid.
- NOTICE IN REGARDS TO THE ANAESTHETIST: Because the Anaesthetist is an independent provider, it is important that the patient discuss the fee of the Anaesthetist with him/her, or their accounts department. The medical aids only cover the Anaesthetist fee at their rate. Please call the hospital to find out who the Anaesthetist will be.
- Patients must arrange alternative means of transport after recovery, as no patient will be allowed to drive him/herself home after receiving general anaesthesia.
- Patients or the parent/guardian of a minor must sign a consent to discharge prior to leaving the ward area.
- It is the responsibility of the member/patient to ensure ownership of all personal belongings, x-rays, prescription, sick note, etc. upon discharge.
- Private patients will not be discharged before the hospital account is settled in full.
- You will receive post-operative instructions for your specific procedure supplied by your doctor.
- Strictly follow the post-operative instructions. Please call your doctor immediately should you experience any abnormal effects after your surgery.
THE CENTURION DAY HOSPITAL CHARGE MEDICAL AID RATES. ALL MEDICAL AID, AS WELL AS PRIVATE ACCOUNTS WILL REMAIN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MEMBER. THE MEMBER MUST ENSURE THAT THE ACCOUNT WAS RECEIVED BY THE MEDICAL AID WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER DISCHARGE DATE AND WILL REMAIN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MEMBER TO FOLLOW UP UNTIL SETTLED IN FULL BY MEDICAL AID. SHOULD THE MEDICAL AID FAIL TO PAY THE ACCOUNT IN FULL, THE MEMBER WILL BE LIABLE FOR THE BALANCE AND PAYMENT IN FULL TO THE HOSPITAL WITHIN 30 DAYS.